Peyronie's disease – a disease characterized by only the male half of humanity.
The disease is characterized by the occurrence of pain during erection, which occurs on the background of fibrosis of the tunica albuginea. The disease is rare and is more common in men, age forty-six, ten years.
In some cases, this disorder can negatively affect perception, but it is present only in those cases where the penis is curved to the extent that it can enter the female genital organs. Therefore, it is necessary to seek the help of professionals if you experience the first symptoms (the presence of a small seal, which is easy to detect, on the touch, pain during intercourse, strain every erection).
On the basis of treatment is surgery. Among experts, there is much debate over the efficacy of the treatment of folk remedies at home.
What is it?
Peyronie's disease — a disease where the penis is curved because of progressive fibrotic changes in the protein shell of the penis. The disease is named after a French surgeon Francois Peyronie, who described it in 1743. Most often it affects men in the age from 30 to 60-65 years.
The reasons for the development of
To date, not fully understood the causes that lead to disease, however, there are etiological factors of pathology:
- injuries of the penis;
- disorders of the endocrine system;
- closed fracture of the penis;
- hardening of the tissues of the penis;
- inflammation of the connective tissue the connective tissue;
- some abnormality with the immune system;
- the inflammatory process in the urethra;
- taking certain medicines;
- metabolic disorders;
- narrowing of the arteries, characteristic of atherosclerosis;
- elevated levels of serotonin in the body;
- connective tissue disease;
- lack of calcium and vitamin E;
- bad habits;
- coronary heart disease.
In very rare cases, the disease can be congenital. For example, the pathology of the structure of the tunica albuginea or abnormally short urethra. Unlike congenital buy – in the first case, the missing plaque. The deformation develops in the background of the strands in the deep organs of the body.
Small shape changes are not a serious disease, and does not require surgical intervention.
According to the etiology we can distinguish the following forms of the disease:
- The acquired form is characterized by a gradual loss of elasticity and widening of the connective tissue of the penis, which leads to a distortion of the shape and occurrence of the pain;
- The congenital form is often caused by a genetic factor and find its manifestations compaction of the the cavernous bodies of the penis.
In addition, there are three classes of Peyronie's disease, depending on the curvature of the penis and the size of the fiber-training:
- Class 1 – penis curvature of up to 30 degrees, the size of the fibrous plaques up to 2 cm;
- Class 2 – the angle of curvature is 30 to 60 degrees, the size of the fibrous plaques, from 2 to 4 cm;
- Class 3 – the emergence of strong tilt angle of 60 degrees, the size of the fibrous plaques 4 see.
Symptoms of Peyronie's disease:
- Erectile dysfunction deterioration of erection (the penis has not grown to the desired size and does not harden).
- Curvature of the penis. This feature displayed.
- Pain. At the time of erection the patient experiences pain, which eventually makes intercourse painful.
- Functional decline of the male penis. It is the result of the curvature of the body.
- Curvature of the penis (towards the abdomen, or scrotum, or sideways).
- Sometimes the place where the plaque can be stretched the skin.
- Hypersensitivity of the penis, which is observed even during a relaxed state.
- The presence of plaques with a kind of seal under the skin of the penis and sometimes reaches a large size, up to 3 cm, which adversely affect local circulation.
- The irregular shape of the penis. In some cases, when a large number of tiles, the sexual organ takes irregular shape in the form of a bottle, an hourglass, etc.
Despite the fact that Peyronie's disease is not complicated the healing process, the consequences affect both the psychological field and the General health of the patient:
- broken an erection on the background of pain, and a variety of psychological causes (emotional stress, sexual frustration, problems with intimate relationships);
- shortening of the penis;
- psychological disorders.
With timely treatment, these negative effects are usually temporary and superficial. Very important to remove the negative consequences and successful rehabilitation is the moral support of a partner.
Fibro-plastic endurace of the penis (Peyronie's disease), determined by the experts fairly quickly and easily. Plaque does not leave room for doubt, and, in principle, to determine the form of the disease, and the ability to make treatment or surgery. Some doctors will be asked to bring photos of erect penis to find out how a degree is curved when excited. List, what other methods are used for diagnosis:
- Ultrasound vessels of the penis to evaluate the blood circulation in the area of the developed seal. As it turned out, the acute form of the disease;
- MRI diagnostics – tissues of the body. A more accurate way to assess blood flow;
- Cavernosography is an x-ray after filling of the cavernous bodies of radiopaque fluid;
- Biopsy – a microscopic piece of tissue for laboratory experiments;
- Doppler – such as ultrasound, to assess the status of blood vessels in the penis.
Appointment study can provide the urologist, after the pre-collect anamnesis and palpation of the penis.
Algorithm for treatment of patients with Peyronie's disease, which is in an early development stage:
- To reduce the pain.
- The removal of the inflammation.
- The resorption of plaque.
- Stop the progression of the disease.
The treatment should last at least six months.
Experts do not recommend to introduce drugs directly into the plaque. The fact that even small damage to the integrity of the penis may improve fibrosis. Sometimes, however, without injections not be successful.
For this purpose, the use of such drugs as:
- Steroids. They are only used in case if a person is sick, is not more than 1.5 years and the plaque was not formed completely. Hormones are rarely used, because they can be used to achieve the desired effect.
- Enzymes (collagenase). This tool allows you to soften the scar tissue, because it breaks the peptide bonds in collagen. The drug is injected into the plaque perpendicular to the penis. 65% of the cases it is possible to reduce the curvature. The treatment lasts for 6 weeks. Injection put in 2 times a 7 days. The procedure should be a professional, as an overdose of the enzyme, dangerous bleeding and the appearance of new sites of fibrosis.
In addition, the use of the drug, man may recommend physical therapy effect on the patient's body:
- Magneto therapy.
- Using dia-dynamic currents.
- The Laser treatment.
- Mud treatment.
- UHT. This involves using a special device, which is the source of the pulses. The doctor send them directly to the site of fibrosis. This allows you to soften the plaque and straighten the penis. In order to implement the SWT, the curvature should be more than 45 degrees.
It is important to remember that the use of any drug is prohibited! It can cause the development of serious complications and health problems.
Surgical treatment is more effective, because it allows to simultaneously correct distortion and remove sealed components. The method of surgical intervention is determined by each case of Peyronie's Disease on an individual basis. So, if the curvature of the penis at least 45 degrees, and its length is adequate, plication, when the correction of the defect due to the overlapping folds on the opposite side, is preferred. The tissue is sewn with special stitch material, the penis loses some length, however, the probability of complications is minimal.
Adequate penile length and curvature more than 45 degrees, the crust is cut in the form of an ellipse, and the curvature of the opposite side produces the closure of a particular suture material. In case of insufficient length of the penis or failure of the patient to the above methods resorted to incision of the plaque later using plastic. The defect of the tunica removed through the vagina sheath of the testis, skin graft or synthetic materials.
If Peyronie's Disease is manifested by dysfunction of erection, then the optimal solution is lingham prosthetics or lingham planting. This aims to eliminate the problems with erection and correct penile curvature.
- The horse chestnut. To prepare a decoction, you will need 20 grams of chestnuts (fruit). First, grind them and then add a Cup of boiling water, and then put on the fire. Boil a quarter of an hour. When cool, through a sieve or cheesecloth and take a quarter Cup before eating. The treatment lasts three months.
- Herbal infusion. Mix equal parts (100 g), primrose, sage, initial letter, oregano, toadflax and burdock root. Send the collection in a thermos (2 large spoons) and add a Cup of boiling water. Leave to infuse overnight. In the morning strain and take half a Cup four times a day before meals (at least half an hour). It is important to cook every day new infusions that they were fresh.
- Ointments of leeches. Measure a quarter Cup of dried leeches and grind them into a powder. Mix heparin ointment (15 g) and demixed (2 big tablespoons) and a glass of white gold. Then every day (once) and RUB it on your penis. Treatment is started, when the moon drops.
- Medicinal baths. Three packs of sage pour a bucket of boiling water, cover and leave for half an hour, then strain. At the same time, control bathroom water and pour back the strained infusion. But don't get too excited, such procedures can be carried out not more often than once in two days and only for 15 minutes. As soon as you have completed the procedure lay down in bed. The larger effect occurs if the bath can be used in conjunction with the techniques of decoction.
Because the disease develops slowly, there is a misconception that when the first signs it is best to use the medicine, to avoid medical intervention. But it is important to remember that only the performance of use is the only sure method for the treatment of Peyronie's disease in men.
Measures for prevention of Peyronie's disease:
- don't have sex in such condition, drug or alcohol-poisoning, leave the injuries to the penis;
- 30 at the age of 60 every year to pass preventive inspections;
- live a healthy lifestyle;
- control your weight;
- monitor the pressure level;
- wear comfortable underwear;
- exercise regularly.
If any disorders of the reproductive system, it is necessary to consult a urologist to make a diagnosis and start treatment.