Benign prostatic hyperplasia (abbreviated BPH) is currently more often called "benign prostatic hypertrophy" ("BPH").
The initial stage of the disease is the appearance of a small nodule or group of nodules in the thyroid gland. With the disease they quickly grow in size and number. Unlike cancer, adenoma does not give metastases to other organs, that is benign tumors. This urological disease most often diagnosed in men over 50 years.
The causes of BPH in men has not been elucidated so far. The only thing that is proven and undeniable – direct access to age and disease.
Men age disturbed the function of testosterone production which is the primary male hormone, and begins to in large quantities to produce estradiol the estradiol (the hormone can promote the growth and intensity of reproduction of the prostate cells). Therefore, the closer to the critical age of 50 years, the greater the probability of diagnosing BPH in men.
It is proved that the following factors provoke the emergence of the disease; their presence increases the risk of disease:
- inactivity, lack of exercise and being overweight – these conditions contribute to the accumulation of excess fat, which produces estrogen, disrupting the balance of testosterone and estrogen in the male body;
- bad heredity – if close relatives were patients who have been diagnosed with BPH the risk of disease growth;
- often inclusion in the diet of unsuitable food, the abuse of fast food and prepared foods, the intake of large amounts of food, spices, fried and fatty foods.
The symptoms of BPH
In men, the symptoms varied. Their development and expression affects the progression of the disease, age and social status of the patient, as well as his mental and physical condition.
The first characteristic symptom of the disease is considered to be a delay in the initial stage of urination, and the manifestation of false urgency. Together, these symptoms is usually observed intermittent flow of urine.
The time alarming symptoms began to grow: the patient complains of problems with urination. To urinate must strain the muscles of the peritoneum. The cavity of the bladder, residual urine is detected, then the amount that came out, because of decreased muscle tone of the mucous membrane of the bladder (detrusor muscle). It consists of mutually interconnected layers, forming a single muscle. Normal contraction of this tissue is an important indicator of men's health.
If untreated, this stage of the disease, this symptom is dominant. This process is characterized by a decrease from the urine of normal, that very few of the flow of urine is sometimes reduced to a droplet stream. In some cases, the voltage of the bladder decreases such that the amount of fluid in the bladder becomes critical – more than one liter.
Often treatment is complicated by the fact that many patients consider these symptoms for BPH normal age and do not rush to consult a specialist. But in the context of later problems, because sexual dysfunction in men still go to the reception to the urologist.
Obstructive and irritating symptoms of benign prostatic hypertrophy growth
- 1. Annoying:
Such features are also known symptoms of irritation. These are frequent urination, or to clear it of urinary incontinence. Often the patient is forced to go to the toilet at night - 2 or 3 times to get up to relieve himself. Such signs depends on the severity of disorders of muscle membrane of the bladder.
Now science has known that as a result of age-related hormonal changes in the body greatly progresses, oxygen starvation of the muscles of the pelvic organs. This condition is called instability of the bladder.
These annoying symptoms that affect the quality of life of men, with the correct diagnosis and timely treatment, the quality of the least dangerous.
The problem is that patients may simultaneously observe the irritating and obstructive symptoms. The classic clinical picture is characterized by the presence of both groups of symptoms.
- 2. Obstructive:
Manifestation of the symptoms of BPH in men a large effect on the formation of the clinical picture of the disease makes the existence of chronic inflammation of the prostate. Swelling of prostate tissues often observed worsening erectile function of the penis. Chronic prostatitis occurs in several disorders of urination. The presence of this syndrome increases the amount of postoperative complications in patients with different stages of disease development.
The possibility of accurate diagnosis is often complicated by the fact that the clinical picture is also formed by pathological processes in the body, which are not related to BPH. This means that not every patient needs a surgical procedure, given that patients with moderate occurs obstructive symptoms after surgery to improve the condition usually does not occur.
The stage of the disease
The development of BPH experts divided into three stages:
- Compensated stage usually occurs a slight increase in the body. The changes are minor consequences: the boundaries of the prostate clearly delineated, palpation provokes pain. The density of the body is maintained in the normal way. The notch palpation is observed. The patient manifested a delayed residual urine.
- Subcompensated stage. Characterized by a strong enlargement of the prostate gland, even to the level when it begins to use a powerful effect on bladder function. The symptoms are the following: batch and partial liberalization of the bladder, the bladder wall becomes swollen and much thicker walls of the body in normal condition, the overflow of the bladder often happens partial urination, uncontrolled.
Often, the urine becomes opaque, a haze appears, and sometimes sediment. In some cases, the urine contains a mist of blood.
- Decompensated stage. It is an extreme degree of prostatitis. Patients present in a critical amount of residual urine, urination is extremely difficult and happens drop by drop, the muscles of the bladder extremely weak because of the constantly increased conditions. Often this stage is a complex lack of hemoglobin in the blood – anemia. Breathing the patient felt the characteristic smell of the urine.
After listening to their complaints of the patient, the doctor proceeds to collect medical history and began to study the health status of the organism. The first method, which is used in the manufacture of the clinical picture is palpation and visual inspection.
Accurate diagnosis expert resort to ultrasound. It can be TRANS-rectally – to determine the exact problem area of the prostate, or include an external examination of the bladder to determine the stage of the disease, you need to know the amount of residual urine.
The patient must pass several tests:
- and, above all, to carry out the General analysis of urine and blood. It gives information about the presence of chronic inflammatory processes in the body and clarify the picture of the general health of the patient;
- Level content in the body PSA (antigen) in the body clearly indicates the presence or absence of malignant cells, tumor;
- the level of creatinine. This analysis is a qualitative indicator of the state's top-urinary channel;
- uroflowmetry method is a qualitative method for the determination of urinary problems and their causes.
For the treatment of BPH in men
According to studies, the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia may be of the following types:
- minimally invasive (another common name of the audio equipment innovations-management);
- surgical. (this is a variation – transurethral resection of the prostate laser treatment or vaporization).
Different medicines are an effective way to combat the disease in the early stages of its development. The most famous type of medication is used to treat benign prostatic hypertrophy growth is considered:
- Alpha-blockers – their main task is to improve the discharge of urine adenoma of the prostate and relief of the pain when urinating;
- blockers. Drugs of this type block the production of toxic hormone dihydrotestosterone – it adversely affects the process of its increase, will greatly accelerate the process. Drugs blocking the activity of this substance is possible with somewhat reduced. In some cases, this process is irreversible and determination to maintain.
Benign prostatic hyperplasia, should carefully monitor their diet of the patient. In addition, compliance with following rules is a good prevention of this disease, and many others. You often have to use:
- a variety of fruits, berries and fresh vegetables;
- products that contain fiber;
- rich in unsaturated fatty acids, products;
- raw pumpkin seeds – they contain many useful for the male body metabolism.
And, on the contrary, should reduce or even refuse:
- red meat and fatty broth bone;
- internal organs and internal organs;
- easily digestible ("fast") carbohydrates;
- legumes and peas;
- canned food, semi-finished products;
- sweets, especially chocolate in any form;
- hot spices and spices.
The diet of the patient is required to meet the basic rule is to eat like any adequate person who does not care about his health.
Prostate cancer, it increases the volume – to a greater or lesser extent. How it has changed the whole body, the equivalent deterioration of the patient and accordingly to change his plan of care.
Indicators universal scale corresponds to the size of the tumor and need for surgery is considered:
- 30-55 mm – surgical treatment is not mandatory. It is possible to perform conservative treatment, based on drugs;
- 40-60 mm, – conservative therapy can be successful, but in combination with surgical removal of the prostate, it is possible laparoscopy;
- 60-80 mm on a scale of breast augmentation surgeries done in 100% of cases.
It is an absolute and can't wait to indications for surgical intervention are:
- the inability to answer the call of nature although urethral catheterization valve;
- steadily extensive recurrent hematuria;
- chronic or acute renal failure;
- chronic inflammation of the urinary tract, or acute onset of such conditions;
- diverticula the muscles of the small pelvis;
- stone in the bladder or one (both) of the kidneys.
Often in the treatment of prostate adenoma is used in the so-called. alternative therapies. They are the same – domestic or non-traditional. Sometimes these methods give a good opportunity.
Among the recipes of traditional healers and lovers of the most popular are the following:
- infusion of birch leaves. 2 tablespoons of fresh or dried leaves pour 0.5 liters of boiling water, infused for two hours and take half a Cup three times a day before eating.
- a decoction of burdock root. You can do this, 2 tablespoons of the roots steamed in boiling water for three to four hours and drink 0.5 cups several times a day.
- onions. Sometimes to relieve the symptoms of inflammation enough to eat one head of fresh garlic;
- the pumpkin seeds. You need to eat every day cleaned seeds of this plant.
These methods of application should be independent – individually they do not bring the desired result, and may do a disservice, if you can skip the self-development of the disease and skip the step where you can still solve the problem without surgical intervention. However, when combined with alternative and traditional means prescribed by experts as good as possible result of the treatment.
In order to prevent the occurrence and development of BPH men need to follow a healthy lifestyle. It would be useful to implement the following measures:
- engage in physical activity. A few minutes of exercise a day will help in the prevention of stagnation;
- stick to the right diet;
- to control body weight. The risk of BPH is directly proportional to the growth indices of body mass and the appearance of excess fat;
- each year to see a specialist-urologist for examination;
- to prevent hypothermia;
- try to urinate the first want, not to create situations where the bladder or bowel is full.
The prostate gland in men treatment if a problem is detected at an early stage. But the advanced cases, when the disease has long been recognized that quality of life deteriorates. One should not forget the more moral and ethical side of the issue.
With timely treatment to a specialist, the correct diagnosis and adherence to treatment plan, the prognosis is very favorable.
But the discovery of the disease in the later stages, experts give a sharply positive attitude to life. The disease is complicated by concomitant chronic urinary tract infections, formation of stones, sand and other deposits in the bladder and kidneys.