Symptoms of infertility in men can be completely invisible, however, the inability to conceive strong sex occurs almost as often as women. Doctors, after repeated unsuccessful attempts to conceive a child during the year must be inspected to identify the causes and subsequent elimination. Often, the first doctor turns to the woman. Make sure that her reproductive system condition and ready to conceive a baby, the question arises against the partner. Let us consider the matter of male infertility as well as possible signs of this disease.
Male factor infertility
Infertility in men is congenital in nature or acquired. In the first case, this factor is usually attributed to various defects of the testes, such as cryptorchidism and hypogonadism or disorders of the development of the urethra, when diagnosed with hypospadias and severe. Congenital abnormalities associated with the absence of the testes or other serious defects that are not amenable to treatment.
Causes the acquired inability to fertilize a lot, most often the problem occurs after an illness, let us consider:
- sexually transmitted diseases: chlamydia, gonorrhea, trichomoniasis, and others;
- infectious diseases: mumps, brucellosis, typhoid.
- hormonal disorders, which lead to the death of sperm, and failure of the testes to produce the new;
- inflammation: urethritis, prostatitis, reduced sperm motility;
- varicocele is accompanied by dilatation and increased temperature of the testicles, leading to damage and death of the seed;
- inflammation of the prostate and ureters;
- sexual symptoms: premature ejaculation, lack of erection or it is inadequate;
- tumors of the testes, the violation of potency;
- the chemical factor is the inhalation of chemical vapors.
Less common causes are:
- reduced immunity;
- drugs and steroids;
- active exercise;
- tight underwear;
- frequent visits to the baths and saunas;
- stressful situations and emotional overload;
- the wrong way of life.
It is also important to note that psychological factor. Some men develop infertility on the psychological level. The reason for this may be fear of responsibility, fear to live up to the expectations or subconscious reluctance to have children.
Signs of infertility in men
Signs of male infertility is often unclear or non-existent. The main symptom is the lack of a wanted pregnancy healthy partner during regular intercourse throughout the year.
What a man feel healthy and not know the problems with potency. In some cases, the symptoms are still there and they can be directly related to infertility:
- Infections, sexually transmitted diseases, which is often accompanied by itching and problems with urination.
- Congenital abnormality occurs in cryptorchidism is not one or two testicles in the scrotum, which, in turn, looks to the end of developed or asymmetrical. Sometimes marked nagging pain in the abdomen.
- When varicocele 2. and 3. stages of the disease can be a nagging pain and a feeling of heaviness in the scrotum, pain during walking, also visible dilated veins.
- Provoke hormonal abnormalities: obesity, swelling of the breast and underdeveloped testes.
- A space where men do not have sperm.
Indirect symptoms are:
- erectile dysfunction;
- a small amount of semen released during ejaculation;
- delay or inability to achieve orgasm;
- pain during intimacy;
- discomfort and pain in the testicles and the scrotum;
- frequent headaches.
Importantly, some diseases that cause infertility, no symptoms. Among these: infectious disease type of mumps and typhoid fever, diseases, of an autoimmune nature, genetic abnormalities, and hormonal disorders.
The purpose is to find the causes of infertility in men has to be examined, which is:
- History – gather information about the patient: his lifestyle, bad habits, diseases, worrisome symptoms, conditions, medications, the presence of problems of a sexual nature and surgery.
- General research, during which the doctor examines the external genitalia to identify abnormalities, tumors and infections, and also pay attention to external signs of physical development: body, skin, sign of body hair.
- Semen analysis – a laboratory study of semen to assess the amount, color, odor, viscosity, count, motility, vitality and more.
When the witness is a more detailed examination, including ultrasound of the scrotum, a blood test for hormones determination, genetic studies, testicular biopsy, urine analysis after ejaculation, x-ray examination, during which a contrast agent is injected.
Prevention of male infertility
Sooner or later, almost every man wants to be a father, so you need to take care of men's health and preventive measures, you can increase the chances of conceiving a child:
- Since childhood, you need to see a urologist and try to protect themselves from infectious diseases.
- Exercise and do daily exercise.
- Live a healthy lifestyle – refrain from Smoking and abusing alcohol.
- Do not wear tight underwear and clothing.
- Don't overdo it saunas and baths – overheating is undesirable.
- Full eat – the diet should be enough protein, vitamins and saturated fatty acids. Eat more fish, meat, fruits, vegetables, nuts, herbs and refrain from fast food.
- Keep a regular sex life, but avoid promiscuity without protection.
- Stick to a good sleep and rest.
- Try to avoid stressful situations and emotional overload.
- Avoid exposure to chemicals and toxins in the body.
Male infertility is most often not an independent disease, but a consequence of infection, inflammation, poor lifestyle and other reasons. In most cases, the inability to conceive no symptoms, the most important feature because during pregnancy a woman's partner during regular intercourse and is not a disease, it prevents conception.
In other situations, the symptoms depend on the causes of the disease and occurs problems with urination, drawing pains in the testicles, headache, feeling of heaviness in the testicles, problems with erection, discomfort and pain during sexual intercourse. In such cases it is necessary to consult a doctor and undergo a full inspection.