The tumor of the prostate benign nature of the standing diagnosis of the adenoma. This masculine pathology is one of the first places among urological diseases. Normal volume prostate gland it is associated with the chestnut. It can increase the proliferation of fibro-muscular tissue. One reason for the occurrence of adenoma is the older age of the patient. In connection with the enlarged prostate reduces the lumen of the ureter. This causes problems with urination. If the cells are malignant, then we are talking about prostate cancer.
Indications for surgery for BPH
The feasibility of a complete or partial removal of adenoma of the prostate is determined for each patient individually. Indications for surgery are:
- The ineffectiveness of medical therapy. Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), that is, the amount growth of the prostate, may develop regardless, even with proper care. If, within six months after the drug effects have not been revealed, it is addressed to excision of the adenoma with surgical intervention.
- The rapid growth of the prostate tissue. This means that the tumor has developed very quickly, so you can stop the process is only complete removal of the overgrowth.
- Pain. To remove the pain in the early stages of the disease the use of antispasmodics and pain medications, and even injections of novocaine. If pathology is running, unpleasant symptoms remain, although the medication.
- The age of the patient. Surgical intervention is indicated only by the age of 65-70 years. In each case, the patient's condition will be considered separately.
Ways to remove prostate
If indications configured to remove the prostate adenoma methods of surgical intervention. Today, there are several ways to do this procedure. It can be open or minimally invasive. In the first case, the manipulation is performed through an incision down the belly Department. Because of the large number of contraindications and the effects of removing this action is rarely, but it is considered a classic treatment in combination with transurethral resection. In advanced cases require open prostatectomy is surgery to remove the prostate.
Previously the only method of surgical treatment of tumors of the prostate was open Adenomectomy. It is performed under general anesthesia. The doctor will remove the tumor then:
- area surgery is treated with an antiseptic solution, the hair is removed;
- the surgeon makes an incision in the skin and subcutaneous tissue;
- next is the incision of the anterior wall of the bladder, the doctor will carefully check the body for the presence of stones;
- then the surgeon removes the tumor itself due to the fact that the index finger enters the urethra and makes a small tear in his mucosa;
- further into the bladder to insert a catheter in order to flush the wound with saline.
Open surgery is to guarantee irreversible removal of the tumor, but the rehabilitation of the patient after it lasts a very long time, up to 3 months. In addition, there is a risk of complications, such as pus and blood. Another serious issue is the postponement of general anesthesia. Also, judging by the reviews, after the surgery left scars.
Transurethral resection (TUR)
The so-called removal of tumors without surgery. The urethra, through the removed tumor cells. In this case, you can even use a local anesthesia. The technology is complex, and therefore requires a high level of training of the surgeon. The procedure is performed as follows:
- through the urethra resectoscope is introduced;
- a special loop tool is scraping the overgrown epithelium its removal;
- then there is the irrigation of the bladder and the second amendment works in the area;
- next, there is introduced a special catheter with a balloon, which is filled with fluid;
- a few days without postoperative complications, the catheter is removed.
After this surgery, the prostate has been restored for about 2 months. After the first day, he can experience cramps during urination, but eventually they pass. The procedure takes less than an hour, it is an advantage. Interests can be considered and without a scar after tumor removal. In addition, the procedure itself is virtually painless.
Removal of the prostate gland using minimally invasive techniques
Traditional methods of treatment of adenoma is a large number of possible negative consequences. You can reduce the risk of complications, minimally invasive techniques to help. It is mostly laser resection. Modern surgery, such advanced techniques are:
- arterial embolization of the prostate;
- laser vaporization;
- laser enucleation of adenoma;
- interstitial laser treatment;
- needle ablation;
- endoscopic resection of the.
Arterial Embolization of the prostate
The essence of this method is a blockage of the blood vessels that supply blood to the prostate, which increased. The procedure is done under local anesthesia. Surgery to control their actions by using a special device. The task of the doctor is found at the end of the blood circulation in the prostate. They introduced a micro-catheter and then through the platform of intravascular blood clots. The advantage is that the patient is discharged after 6 hours after the procedure.
All methods of treatment is laser vaporization of the adenoma is characterized by fewer complications. In addition, it allowed patients with a bleeding tendency. The equipment is set through the ureter. The laser beam cut areas of benign prostate, blood vessels "brew". This function is performed when the size of the tumor in 60-80 CC Advantages are the short postoperative period and minimal complications, but is laser removal lasts two times longer than the TOUR.
Enucleation of adenoma
Removal of the prostate in this way is the "shell" of the prostate tissue exposure to the laser. After the surgery they can check for the presence of malignant cells. Its advantages are:
- the option to remove the tumor, even when growth of the gland 200 g;
- short recovery time;
- surgery is possible in patients with pacemakers, metallic devices in bone or bleeding disorders.
When the endoscopic enucleation of the tumor tissue is transferred into the bladder, crushed the laser and removed through the catheter, with drainage. The presence of inflammatory processes or the inability to introduce the catheter in the ureter is a contraindication for use. The same applies to the serious General condition of the patient.
Interstitial laser therapy
The essence of this procedure is removal of the tumor – carrying through holes in the mucosa of the bladder or prostate focused laser beam. Such introductions take a few. Bar glands in the treated side, resulting in gangrene. The disadvantage of this method is, that for some time the symptoms can even get worse. The reason for the wounds are deep in the prostate.
Atrophy of glandular tissue this surgery is by heating through high-frequency radio waves. They fall into the prostate via needles that enter into the glands. The downside of the procedure is its ineffectiveness to large size tumors. The advantage is that it is an outpatient procedure i.e. the patient can immediately after the removal of the go home.
Laparoscopic removal of the prostate
This technique is indicated when the prostate volume is more than 100 CC It will be implemented in special tubes, which penetrate through small incisions in the skin. Inside is the camera, which shows the progress of the procedure to follow. Removal of the prostate takes about 2 hours under general anesthesia. At the end of the urethra to insert a catheter. The advantage is a small rehabilitation period. The hospital patients being discharged in 2-4 days. Of the minuses can be noted the small scars from the incisions.
This technique also does not require opening the abdomen. This significantly reduces the blood loss. Iron is cut from surgical instruments that are inserted through a tube, the thickness of 1-1,5 cm the Advantage of the procedure is that it does not affect the erection, because is associated with preservation techniques. Without the stones, inflammation and small adenomas, this action is better. The advantage is the short recovery time.
The effects of surgery to remove the prostate adenoma
Rehabilitation after removal of the prostate adenoma can be so smooth. Health problems appear even more often compared to the treatment of prostatitis. A few days there is blood in the urine, incontinence or pain when urinating. Last side effects for a long time. If they were late, you should consult a specialist. Each patient reacts differently to surgery, so depending on the action can have different effects even relapse. In this case, you will need a second surgery.
Any removal of the prostate is potentially dangerous. Each patient is in danger of blood loss and infection. Anesthesia is a serious burden on the cardiovascular system. After surgery is a complications of this nature:
- the lack of sperm during intercourse;
- inflammation of the pelvic organs;
- urinary incontinence;
- erectile dysfunction;
Power after surgery
Recovery of erectile function occurs after a certain period of time after surgery, but began to live sexual life is not recommended before full tissue regeneration. The average duration of such a period is about one month. This period may be extended depending on the state and age of the patient. Full restoration of power in some men the fulfillment of the sexual act no longer shared the sperm. Cause partial damage to the spermatic. Reproductive capacity is preserved, but extraction of sperm is needed to puncture.
Rehabilitation after surgery of the prostate
After surgery, it is important to follow all the recommendations of the urologist for a quicker recovery. They are related to nutrition, exercise, and maintain the patient's sex life. These recommendations are important in order to prevent possible complications after surgery. Early rehabilitation during the first 5-7 days. Currently, the patient can return to normal urine. Usually, the recovery period can be 3 months or more.
Changes to lifestyle
Immediately after surgery, it is necessary to leave the defaults, because they can lead to deterioration and cause inflammation. You can do the following:
- long to sit on a chair;
- take a hot shower or bath;
- drink alcohol;
- self-driving cars;
- lift weight more than 3 kg.
Six months after the operation it is necessary to abstain from sexual activity. Right to work is not recommended, it is better to take the first few weeks of sick leave. After removal of the prostate gland is recommended to walk, and after some time to do light exercises in the morning and swimming. After recovery should not burn tobacco. Nicotine they negatively affect blood circulation, which can lead to inflammation.
Not less important factor of recovery is proper nutrition. Diet leave junk food. This includes fried, salted, smoked and sweet. You need to refuse alcoholic beverages. The diet should consist of:
- low-fat soup;
Therapeutic exercise and yoga
After surgery to remove the prostate is not useful for all physical activities. It is necessary to leave the Cycling and training with heavy weights. Better go swimming and gymnastics soft stretching. Doctors recommend to pay attention to yoga. Judging by the reviews, the most useful are the following exercises:
- Lying on the floor, extend your arms along the body. Compress decompress perineal muscles for 2-3 seconds to 1 minute.
- Without changing position, bend the arc body, replacing his hands under the lower back and rump tearing up sex. Freeze for a few seconds, take the original position. Repeat, repeat 4-5 times.
Treatment does not end after the surgery. Leave the complications, patients need to take multiple medications, a list which includes:
- Antibiotics. Is used to remove the infection developed after surgery. The course of treatment lasts no more than 7-10 days.
- Painkillers are schedule for the purpose of pain for 2-3 days after the procedure. First, the patient is strong painkillers and then going lighter.