BPH or benign prostatic hyperplasia is a benign tumor that affects mostly men over 40 years. Sounds ominous, but much scarier caused his complications, urinary stone disease, renal insufficiency, poisoning the whole organism. If the time to diagnose hypertrophy of the prostate, surgical intervention can be avoided. How to treat BPH without surgery we will cover in this article.
The etiology of the disease
With age the production of testosterone decreases, while the level of female sex hormones (estrogen) increases sharply. Such adjustment of the organism directly affects the prostate gland: the tissue begins to grow, trying to cope with the increased hormonal load. Usually pathological process takes several years, during which the person is not even aware of her illness. Symptoms develop gradually, and it depends on the stage of adenoma.
Symptoms of stage I
The duration of this phase varies greatly — from one year to 12 years. Enlarged prostate gland squeezes the urethra, when the patient can see the first signs of the disease:
- small pollakiuria (especially at night);
- the difficulty of allocation of urine, weak stream;
- uncontrolled urination in the toilet.
At this stage the treatment of benign prostatic hypertrophy growth without surgery shows, almost 80% of cases.
Symptoms of stage II
The development of the disease leads to impaired functioning of the bladder. The external signs become more pronounced:
- the appearance of residual urine after emptying;
- constant desire to urinate;
- change the color and the composition of the urine (dark, viscous, sometimes with blood);
- burning sensation, lower abdominal pain and lower back during urination;
- progressive decrease of pressure in the urine;
- the reduction of the duration of sexual intercourse, premature ejaculation, decreased or absence of libido;
- dry, bitter taste in the mouth, thirst (signs of renal impairment).
Often the issue of patients with the second stage of the disease: how to treat BPH at this stage simply and quickly? A definite answer to the experts — no way! Treatment can take months in some cases the patient required hospitalization, and less surgery.
Symptoms of stage III
In the third stage of BPH is very dangerous, because it completely disrupted the urinary tract. Launched the disease is characterized by the following symptoms:
- the lack of urination;
- urine dribble out of her stagnation;
- acute incontinence;
- severe pain in the suprapubic region;
- uremic breath;
- weakness, fatigue, apathy;
- dry mucous membranes (indication of dehydration).
The disease at this stage is treated only in a hospital. If the patient does not provide urgent medical assistance, the risk of developing serious complications (including death).
Important! Timely diagnosis and treatment methods of the first and partly the second phase of the disease reduces BPH without surgery. Decision on the application of certain management measures made by the doctor after verification.
Treatment of prostate benign hypertrophy
The diagnosis of "benign tumor" a lot of men plunges into shock. Their imagination immediately paints a grim picture: operating table, the surgeon's knife, and rivers of blood. In fact, at an early stage of the inflammatory process needs the drug and device therapy.
Its main purpose is to normalize urine flow and prevent overgrowth of the tissues of the prostate. To do this, use the 2 main groups of drugs.
- Alpha-1-blockers. These medications relax the muscles in the prostate and relieve pressure on the urethra, allowing urine to pass freely through.
- Inhibitors (inhibit) 5-AR enzyme, which promote tumor cell growth. Drugs in this group are the only medicines you can reduce the size of the prostate and recover from BPH non-invasive manner.
To remove other factors, the growth of benign tumors and as a preventive measure, recommended medicines, which are based on plant extracts: the root of African plum (Pygeum africanum), creeping palm (Serenoa Repens), pumpkin seed (Cucurbita seed liquid), etc. If BPH is associated with infection, in addition to the prescribed course of antibiotics.
Important! Medicines can only be taken if they are prescribed by a doctor.
So, how to get rid of the tumor with the help of some medicines is not always possible, and also accelerate the healing process, the patient can provide physiotherapy treatment. Related activities are divided into two large groups.
The most common are laser and electromagnetic therapy, and effect on the glands with the help of electric power. These procedures contribute to:
- increased permeability of the drugs to the prostate tissue;
- stimulation of protective forces of organism;
- activates blood circulation;
- to improve the functioning of the nervous system;
- to reduce painful sensations.
Direct effect on the prostate adenoma, to remove the clinical symptoms of the disease and prevent its further development. Find out the most effective procedure.
- Cryotherapy is the local freezing of tumors using liquid nitrogen. Low temperatures to destroy abnormal cells, while surrounding healthy tissue is not affected.
- Transurethral microwave heat treatment is heating the prostate through a special generator, which is inserted into the urethra: the waves of high intensity to cause necrosis of the tumor cells, thereby reducing the size of the prostate.
- Thermo ablation — the destruction of adenomatous tissue with high temperatures (70°C and above).
- Transurethral needle ablation to prevent growth and reduce the volume of the prostate due to exposure to radio-frequency pulse.
Also promotes rapid healing mud applications, baths, specific exercises, etc.
Methods of alternative medicine
Alongside the main treatment, many doctors recommend their patients to use folk remedies and alternative techniques, such as adjuvant therapy.
To reduce the severity of symptoms will help the following recipes.
The broth from the bark of the chestnut. Cooking in the evening 3 tbsp. chopped bark pour 600 ml of boiling water. In the morning the infusion is filtered, and then evaporated in a water bath until its volume is reduced to exactly one-third (200 ml). Take 30 drops (about 1 tablespoon) 2-3 times a day before meals. The course is 2 months.
Suppositories made of honey. Take 1 teaspoon of this medicinal substance, 1 egg and 3 tbsp rye flour, all components are thoroughly mixed and in the form of candles. Store them in the freezer. Use 2 times a day (morning and bedtime) within a month. Then do a two-week break and repeat the course.
The pumpkin seeds. Rich in iron and zinc, which are essential to prostate health. In the morning before Breakfast, eat about 30 pieces or cook a delicious treat: mash half a kilo of seeds and mix it with a Cup of honey. The resulting mass roll into small balls and put in the fridge for a few hours. Eat 2-3 pieces before eating.
Apitherapy (treatment with bee stings)
Bee venom contains many useful substances, in particular inorganic acid, histamine and peptides, which are useful for blood vessels. Due to the biological and reflex effects on the body apitherapy:
- improve urination;
- relieves inflammation;
- to reduce the pain.
Hirudotherapy (treatment with leeches)
Bites of these little "vampires" significantly accelerate the healing of many patients. The saliva of leeches to find unique enzymes, which has several positive features, namely:
- reduce blood clotting, and normalizes blood circulation;
- to remove the congestion;
- anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effect;
- to restore the functioning of the prostate gland.
Diet for prostate adenoma
Not a miracle drug or the latest hardware method is not a success, if neglected certain rules of supply. Observe them easily, and the benefits are huge.
- Avoid fatty, salty and spicy food, alcoholic beverages
- Limit the consumption of coffee, strong tea, sweets
- Try to cook all meals for a couple, simmer or bake in foil
- Eat more fresh vegetables and fruits
- Include in your diet high-quality protein (found in lean meat, fish, chicken, legumes, dairy products), soup, cereals
The treatment of enlarged prostate without surgery — a difficult and lengthy process, but an integrated approach, the chances of recovery are very high. Healthy!