Prostatitis is the most common pathology of the genitourinary system in men of reproductive age. When prostatitis occurs, the prostate gland becomes inflamed and swollen.
The disease is treated conservatively. The patient is prescribed drugs that help improve diuresis, eliminate inflammation of the glandular organs and suppress pathogenic microflora in the prostate.
Treatment is complemented by diet, sports therapy and a number of other activities. The patient may be prescribed physiotherapy procedures, including prostate massage.
Causes of prostatitis
Prostatitis is a disease accompanied by inflammation of the glandular organs. The disease develops due to the entry of most pathogenic microflora into the prostate. In addition, inflammation can be caused not only by bacteria but also by fungal microorganisms.
Prostatitis is often the result of sexually transmitted diseases, including candidiasis, trichomoniasis, syphilis, human papillomavirus, chlamydia and others.
Other factors can also cause inflammation of the prostate gland, ie:
- Lack of physical activity.
- Prolonged sexual abstinence or excessive sexual activity.
- Unbalanced diet, obesity.
- Presence of chronic diseases of the genitourinary system.
- Perineal trauma.
- Hormonal disorders, including insufficient synthesis of testosterone (male sex hormone).
- Harmful working conditions.
- Overheating in the pelvic region.
- Smoking, drug and alcohol addiction.
Important!Congenital anomalies of the urethra can also cause inflammation of the prostate.
Symptoms and diagnosis of prostatitis
Given the causes of prostatitis in men and treatment with drugs, it is impossible not to see the symptoms of the disease. As you know, prostatitis can have a different etiology.
Doctors distinguish stagnant, fungal, abacterial, bacterial, autoimmune, asymptomatic, allergic prostatitis. The most common forms are stagnant and bacterial.
Typical symptoms of prostatitis are:
- Increased urination. The frequency of nights is increasing.
- Intermittent and painful urination. If the prostatitis is caused by pathogenic microorganisms, then the urine becomes cloudy and purulent / cheese / mucous impurities appear.
- Potential violation. In severe cases, erectile dysfunction develops.
- Premature ejaculation. It happens that a man with prostatitis, on the contrary, can not finish for a long time.
- Pain in the perineum and pubis. Pain syndrome increases during sexual intercourse and urination.
- Burning and itching in the urethra.
With the development of an acute form of bacterial prostatitis, a man develops symptoms of intoxication. Body temperature rises, general weakness, insomnia and irritability appear.
If you experience the typical symptoms of prostatitis, you should consult a urologist. Diagnosis involves a series of tests and instrumental examinations.
The patient should be prescribed ultrasound examination of the prostate, LHC culture of the prostate, digital rectal examination of the prostate gland, general and biochemical blood tests, urine analysis, blood tests for PSA, PCR, spermogram.
Important!After the diagnosis, the doctor makes a diagnosis and prescribes the appropriate medication.
What drugs are used for prostatitis?
In the treatment of prostatitis, antibiotics are the basis of therapy. Broad-spectrum antibiotics are used. The patient may be prescribed cephalosporins, fluoroquinolones, macrolides, penicillins.
Antibiotics suppress the infection, so it is possible to stop the inflammatory process in the prostate gland.
In addition to antibiotics, the following are also prescribed:
- Alpha blockers.Medications are used to treat both prostatitis and prostate adenoma. Medications help to improve urination and relieve unpleasant symptoms during urination. Medications should be taken for a long time.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.These are used to treat prostatitis. Medications help relieve pain. NSAIDs are used in the form of tablets, injectable solutions and suppositories.
- Hormonal drugs.NSAIDs are prescribed when they do not help relieve pain.
- Bioregulatory peptides.These drugs contain bovine prostate extract. Modern peptides help stop the inflammatory process and improve tissue trophism. The funds also help to normalize strength and blood circulation in the small pelvis.
Pharmaceutical dietary supplements, homeopathic and naturopathic medicines can be used for ancillary purposes. Medications can also be taken to prevent prostatitis.
If you want to normalize your potency, you can use PDE-5 inhibitors, homeopathic medicines or dietary supplements.
It should be noted that 5-alpha reductase inhibitors are not used for prostatitis. These drugs are prescribed for benign prostatic hyperplasia.
Important!If the diagnosis shows a stone in the prostate, the patient is prescribed surgery.
It is not enough to use medication for prostatitis. Transferring the disease to a stable remission stage requires a complex, well-established therapy.
With congestive form of the disease, finger massage of the prostate is mandatory. The procedure should be performed by a urologist. If you do not want to visit doctors regularly, you can buy a prostate stimulator.
Such a device will help to massage at any time of the day. The instructions for stimulants say that they should be injected into the anus. Initially, a cleansing enema is placed, a condom is inserted into the device, and the anorectal area is cleansed. Modern massages have a vibrating head that helps increase the effectiveness of the physiotherapy procedure.
Also recommended for the patient:
- Limit the amount of fatty, sweet and starchy foods in your diet. Ideally, follow a low-carb diet.
- Get sports therapy, lead an active lifestyle. It is absolutely possible to play sports. The most useful sports are swimming, Nordic walking, running, yoga.
- Have sex. It is important to use barrier contraception (condoms). Regular sex will improve blood circulation in the pelvis and the flow of secretions from the prostate.
- Follow a daily routine, sleep 6-8 hours a day.
- Give up addiction. Scientific studies have shown that men who smoke, use drugs and alcohol are more likely to develop prostatitis. For this reason, doctors recommend giving up these bad habits once and for all.
- Alternative methods can be used to treat prostatitis. They are not prescription drugs and can only act as a supplement. A very good folk remedy is a source of hazelnut infusion, wormwood decoction, propolis candles, parsley.
Based on the above, we can conclude that prostatitis is not a sentence. The disease is quite curable. By consulting a doctor in time, you can get rid of the disease quickly and almost painlessly.
Do not allow the disease to progress, because prostatitis is an extremely dangerous pathology. Late treatment is fraught with BPH, prostate cancer, infertility, impotence, premature ejaculation.