One of the most common diseases in men is chronic prostatitis. This diagnosis is a long-term inflammation of the prostate gland. In most cases, the pathology is characterized by the absence of obvious painful symptoms. Symptoms of prostatitis appear only in moments of exacerbation. A full examination at the clinic is necessary to diagnose the disease. The doctor then offers an individual course of treatment to help the disease remain in remission.
Causes and risk factors
Long-term depression is one of the factors in the onset of the disease.
What is chronic prostatitis? Many men who are not lucky enough to face this diagnosis know for themselves. Various factors that adversely affect the function of the prostate gland and other internal organs cause its development
Chronic prostatitis is caused by the following reasons:
- Sexually transmitted infections. We are talking about the herpes virus, fungal diseases, gonococci, Trichomonas and other similar pathologies that disrupt the functioning of the genitourinary system.
- Lead a sedentary lifestyle.
- Prolonged sexual abstinence and frequent coitus interruptus.
- Frequent hypothermia.
- Slow blood circulation in the pelvic organs.
- Long-term experience of stress and depression.
- Immunity is weakened.
The more negative it affects a man's body, the better the chances of knowing from personal experience how unpleasant chronic prostatitis is. At the same time, negative consequences can be seen during development, which can lead to further deterioration of the patient's health.
It is in the interest of every man not to take risks. This requires the prevention of prostatitis and timely treatment of inflammation and other pathologies.
Doctors claim that we can treat any of the existing types of chronic prostatitis. There is a whole classification of this disease. Based on this, prostatitis occurs:
- Chronic bacterial.is accompanied by symptoms characteristic of a disease such as prostatitis. Pathology is determined by the growth of pathogenic microorganisms in the urine and their discharge from the prostate.
- Chronic abacterial (CABP).This type of prostatitis is a result of advanced bacterial inflammation in the prostate. A man with this diagnosis may be concerned about pain and any discomfort during urination or ejaculation.
- Chronic congestive.Also called congestive prostatitis. Slow circulation of biological fluids in the pelvic region leads to the development of pathology.
- Asymptomatic inflammation.Men have no symptoms of this type of chronic prostatitis. The man is sick and never knows about it. As a rule, this pathological routine is detected accidentally during diagnosis.
The chronic bacterial type of the disease is most common in men. Another type of prostatitis is significantly lower in percentage.
Pathology is accompanied by increased sweating and chills.
Chronic bacterial and non-bacterial prostatitis have symptoms that do not allow a person to immediately realize their mistake.
The first thing the nervous system starts to suffer from. For this reason, the patient becomes more nervous and reluctant. Complains of constant fatigue and poor sleep.
It is important to pay attention to both small changes in well-being and the downside, as they can indicate the development of a disease such as chronic bacterial or non-infectious prostatitis.
Periodic chronic prostatitis requiring urgent treatment may be accompanied by the following painful symptoms:
- mild pain that can spread to the groin, perineum and anus;
- Frequent urge to go to the toilet, even if the man drinks a small amount of fluid;
- discomfort in the head of the penis and scrotum;
- painful urination at the beginning and end of the physiological process;
- sweating and trembling;
- A small amount of discharge from the penis.
The greatest effects of chronic bacterial and non-infectious prostatitis affect sexual function. As the pathological process progresses, a man's erection deteriorates, premature or delayed ejaculation occurs, and there is serious discomfort during intercourse.
It is difficult for a patient to independently understand what causes prostatitis in men. To be sure, you should first contact an authorized specialist and undergo a thorough examination.
Chronic prostatitis often causes severe complications that can be felt quickly. For this reason, men are increasingly questioning whether the disease can be completely cured to prevent this from happening.
Chronic prostatitis is characterized by a wavy course. The disease does not develop during remission, ie does not threaten the patient with negative consequences. If the pathology increases, you should start worrying about it.
If a person is not trying to learn how to treat chronic prostatitis, they should be prepared for serious complications. The inflammatory process in the prostate gland will undoubtedly lead to infection of other organs of the genitourinary system. As a result, a person begins to suffer from cystitis or pyelonephritis. Inflammation of the testicles and their appendages is not excluded. In the absence of adequate therapy, these conditions lead to infertility.
PCR analysis will rule out sexually transmitted infections.
To understand whether chronic prostatitis can be treated permanently, the patient must first be diagnosed. The results allow the urologist to assess the patient's current condition and choose the most optimal course of therapy for him.
The initial examination of a patient with suspected chronic bacterial or non-infectious prostatitis consists of a medical history and an external examination of the man's intimate organs. At the time of diagnosis, the doctor pays attention to the presence of painful rashes, discharges and other unhealthy manifestations. The level of pain in the prostate gland is also determined.
The diagnosis of chronic prostatitis consists of the following research activities:
- Ultrasound (TRUS).Ultrasound examination allows a specialist to assess pathological changes in terms of structural and functional information of the body;
- Analysis of urine and secretions.Laboratory diagnosis detects the presence of pathogens in biological fluids that can cause prostatitis;
- PCR analysis.The research method aims to identify the pathogens of sexually transmitted diseases in a man's body;
- Spermogram.Diagnosis is designed to study sperm quality;
- Urodynamic studies.Identify the degree and causes of urinary incontinence;
- PSA analysis.It is used to rule out the development of a cancerous tumor or benign hyperplasia in a patient.
Differential diagnosis is mandatory. Chronic prostatitis can be distinguished from other pathological diseases with similar symptoms and signs. But they need a completely different treatment.
In the process of differential diagnosis, prostatitis can be distinguished from diseases such as bladder stenosis, impaired detrusor-sphincter system, bladder dysfunction, regional pain syndrome, prostate adenoma, cystitis and rectal pathology.
A treatment regimen that allows you to get rid of chronic prostatitis is selected individually for each patient.
Therapy for chronic disease takes a long time. To achieve remission, the patient must take medication on time and undergo physiotherapy procedures prescribed by a urologist.
Men who are also interested in their partner's pregnancy should take the treatment of a disease such as chronic prostatitis with special seriousness. Without adequate therapy, they may lose the opportunity to have children of their own.
To cope with the symptoms of prostatitis, you need to take a course of medication. The doctor chooses all the medications against the visible symptoms of anxiety. As a rule, the pathological manifestations are significantly reduced within a few days after starting to take the drug. If the patient does not violate the therapy regimen in the future, painful symptoms do not appear so often.
Antibacterial drugs are often at the center of treatment offered to men with prostatitis.
Treatment of chronic bacterial prostatitis in men necessarily involves taking an antibiotic. Without it, it will not be possible to stop the activity and further spread of the painful microflora. The attending physician is responsible for choosing a strong medication. The choice of drug directly depends on the test results, which indicate the type of infectious substance.
Fluoroquinolones are prescribed for prostatitis. Effectively fights all colonies of pathogens. Drugs of this group are required in patients with chronic disease. It is not defined only when the pathology is caused by TB pathogens.
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
These drugs are considered safer for humans than antibiotics. Helps fight severe pain syndrome, reduce body temperature and solve general anxiety problem.
Despite the relative safety of drugs belonging to the group of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, they should not be taken without a doctor's permission. Otherwise, the patient will expect unpleasant consequences that complicate the course of chronic prostatitis.
These medications are prescribed only by the attending physician.
Patients are advised to take alpha-blockers because chronic prostatitis is very difficult to treat without it. Drugs of this group play an important role in the therapy regimen. With their help, patients are able to cope with the painful pathological symptoms that negatively affect a person's mental state.
Taking alpha blockers often causes side effects such as drowsiness and general weakness in the body. This is a normal reaction that the patient should know.
A person will not be able to choose the right medicine for this group of drugs, so it is recommended to refer it to an authorized specialist.
Antidepressants and vitamins
Vitamin complexes and antidepressants are used as additional medications for prostatitis to help improve the patient's condition and prevent complications. Many men have left positive reviews about them because they help treat prostate inflammation.
Many urologists prescribe vitamin injections of B5-B12 solution to men with this diagnosis. This treatment is allowed only if the patient has no contraindications to the drug. They are considered as adjuvant therapy, which makes it possible to saturate the patient's body with missing nutrients. But you should not expect a strong impact from them.
Effective treatment of chronic prostatitis involves the use of suppositories. There are various components that are able to fight inflammatory processes in the prostate gland. There may be antibiotics or non-hormonal components that alleviate the human condition.
Pharmaceutical suppository treatment should be combined with medication, as drug treatment gives the best results. Other medications are used to complete the treatment of chronic prostatitis.
Not just a pharmaceutical drug, it helps fight chronic prostatitis. Both pills and folk remedies can reduce the severity of painful symptoms.
Traditional medicine should be used by the patient not only in the treatment of prostatitis, but also in remission. Thanks to them, the likelihood of recurrence of the inflammatory process is minimized. They also increase a man's wife's chances of getting pregnant from him.
Folk remedies can be used only in complex therapy. They are contraindicated in cases of exacerbation of inflammation of the prostate gland, tumors and infectious lesions of the body. Contraindications include individual intolerance to the components present in home remedies.
There are many proven recipes for alternative medicine, which can help to cope with the disease and prevent its recurrence. The best of these are:
- Pumpkin seeds.These are useful for all men because they contain components that support the proper functioning of the male genitals. This product is recommended not only for prostatitis, but also for weakness. You should eat 30 g of seeds daily to increase your chances of recovery. They must be peeled first. If a man does not want to eat the product in its pure form, he can add it to various dishes, such as fresh salads.
- Pear compote.The most useful drink is made without the addition of sugar.
- Baths with sea salt and herbs.It is recommended to take the water procedure 3 times a week for 15 minutes. To saturate the water with nutrients, it is necessary to add a decoction based on sea salt and herbs. It is customary to use chamomile, needles, calendula and sage when preparing. The plant should be infused in boiling water, insist a little and strain. In this form the broth is poured into the bath. Before entering the water, make sure that the temperature is not too high. It is forbidden to overheat the genitals with prostatitis.
- Parsley juice and seeds.A useful product can be used alone or added to different containers. As part of parsley, it contains many valuable substances that weaken the body due to prostatitis.
- Dairy products with propolis.Another home-made folk remedy. To get healing candles, you need to mix cocoa butter with propolis. A small suppository should be formed from this mass to be stored in the refrigerator. These are used in 1 part. before bed. The candle should be placed inside the anus.
A man should understand that folk remedies cannot completely cure him of inflammation of the prostate gland. Therefore, their separate use from drug treatment is strictly prohibited. Home remedies are best taken in addition to the main meal. It is also useful if the patient is interested in preventing the development of chronic prostatitis.
Prostate massage is completely contraindicated if there is an exacerbation of the disease.
Medical therapy aimed at eliminating chronic prostatitis is completed with prostate massage. This physiotherapy procedure improves drainage of secretions and microcirculation in the pelvis. Therefore, tissue regeneration is enhanced, which leads to rapid recovery of the patient.
Prostate massage should be performed by a specialist trained in its technique. In some cases, the use of masseurs is allowed. It can be used only after getting acquainted with the features of the procedure.
Prostate massage is contraindicated for men with hemorrhoids, cracks in the anus or exacerbation of prostatitis.
Prostate massage with drugs gives good results.
Physiotherapy procedures are used as an adjunctive treatment. Increases the trophism of prostate tissues and triggers their restorative properties. Doctors can recommend the following methods for this disease:
- laser therapy;
- ultrasonic phonophoresis;
- transrectal microwave hyperthermia.
In addition, the patient can use hot baths, enemas and mud to improve treatment.
If drug treatment does not allow you to cope with the often worsening course of chronic prostatitis, your doctor will insist on surgery.
Surgery for this disease is rare. When other treatments do not help a man, they are prescribed as a last resort. The following surgeries are performed for chronic prostatitis:
- Prostatectomy.This involves the complete removal of the inflamed prostate gland.
- Resection.It is used when only part of the internal organ most affected by the disease needs to be removed.
- Circumcisio.Circular incision of artificial skin, which allows to treat a chronic form of prostatitis and prevent its further development.
- abscess drainage.During the procedure, all the purulent substances in the body are released, which prevents the inflammation.
The doctor decides which surgical therapy is more appropriate for a particular patient.
It is recommended to eat a lot of fruit in diseases.
Men with chronic prostatitis should eat a diet. Choosing a special diet allows you to minimize the likelihood of recurrence of inflammatory diseases.
A man with prostatitis should not consume small amounts of alcohol and ethyl alcohol. Alcohol has a detrimental effect on the prostate ducts, which further increases the symptoms of the disease.
The patient should limit himself to fatty foods, as they can cause the formation of cholesterol plaques, which complicate blood circulation. Spicy and salty foods, entrails and mushrooms are prohibited. Beans, soda and baked goods should also be avoided.
When preparing a menu for a patient with chronic prostatitis, it is necessary to include zinc-enriched foods. Plenty of pumpkin seeds and seafood. The basis of the diet must be fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as dairy products. The only exceptions are those that can increase gas production in the intestine.
Chronic prostatitis can be treated
The question of whether chronic prostatitis can be completely cured worries every man with this diagnosis. The prognosis of recovery depends directly on the timeliness and adequacy of therapy.
It is almost impossible to get rid of the disease completely. Patients can only achieve a stable remission that will be observed for many years.
Patients should be interested in preventing the development of chronic prostatitis. To prevent this, you need to follow a proper diet, treat inflammatory processes in the body in a timely manner, live a regular sex life and do not forget about sports.
It is very important to visit your urologist regularly to routinely diagnose your current health condition. Regular examinations allow to identify the pathology in time and start its treatment.