Treatment of chronic prostatitis is also a difficult problem for modern medicine, and in most cases, despite all the measures taken, the chronic process can not be completely eliminated. It is believed that reducing the intensity of the signs is already an effective result. It is worth noting that the clinical picture of prostate tumors (cancer) has a similar picture with the latent course of chronic prostatitis. PSA is prescribed for differentiation, the concentration of which is higher in malignant neoplasms than in the classical inflammatory process.
Treatment of chronic prostatitis is a complex and lengthy procedure that does not always lead to a complete cure.
Classics of appointments
Is there an effective treatment for the chronic form of the disease and can you get rid of it quickly? Such a question is almost always asked by urologists at the reception of patients, and if the first part can be answered positively, it will not be possible to get rid of the problem "quickly". Treatment for prostatitis lasts until it develops, that is, for the rest of your life. Completely eliminate chronic prostatitis and make the prostate gland "new" is in principle impossible. The only thing that can be done is to stop all the unpleasant symptoms and delay the onset of relapse, but only if the man himself strictly follows all the prescriptions of the doctor.
A classic example: a course of medication, rectal massage and some other methods are prescribed, on top of which is the normalization of lifestyle, abstinence from alcohol. As a rule, medications are taken, but the situation is much worse with the rejection of alcohol and proper nutrition. And many men are hostile to this, considering it an embarrassing manipulation. As a result, the treatment prescribed by the doctor is ineffective because it does not meet all the conditions of therapy, and the chronic process leads to impotence and other health problems.
It is important to remember that chronic prostatitis requires deeper attention than acute prostatitis. The course of therapy is multicomponent; With many years of experience and the development of modern medicine, the disease is not a problem for the specialist.
The following methods are used in the exacerbation phase:
- Antibiotic treatment.The choice of drug determines the outcome (sterility) of the culture or is based on the hypothesis of the cause of the disease. In case of severe fever and pain, the drug is given intravenously. Important: Although the patient's condition improves the next day, the entire course must be completed by the last day.
- Alpha blockers.Medications are needed to relieve symptoms by relaxing the bladder neck and muscle fibers where the prostate gland is adjacent to the bladder.
- NSAIDs and painkillers- Helps treat chronic prostatitis and has anti-inflammatory effects.
- Rectal (direct) massage.The recommended course is 10-12 procedures, performed professionally, helping to relieve symptoms and speed recovery.
These are the main methods always used; In addition, it is recommended to conduct physiotherapy using electrical stimulation, laser therapy, electrophoresis.
What will happen if you do not treat?
If the treatment of prostatitis is not always taken into account, a situation of serious neglect will lead to many problems that will completely ruin a person's life:
- Prostate abscess.
- Vesiculitis (inflammation of the seminal vesicles).
- Cysts, stones in the prostate.
- Prostate sclerosis.
- Impotence, infinity.
Each of these pathologies requires special attention, and the duration of treatment will be longer than in chronic prostatitis. In addition to physical illness, men experience psycho-emotional instability, irritability, nausea, and depression.
A complete picture of the therapy
Currently, the treatment regimen for prostatitis includes the following methods and techniques:
- Effective treatment aimed at eliminating the infectious factor (drugs).
- Course of restoration of blood microcirculation in the small pelvis and prostate.
- Increasing the body's immune status.
- Spasmolytic drugs.
- Analgesics and anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Strengthening drugs and vitamin therapy.
- Local painkillers.
- Physiotherapy and hormone therapy.
- Take massage and sedatives.
- General methods (normalization of sleep, nutrition and rest).
- Spa treatment.
It should be noted that although the announced course of therapy is quite complete, on a completely individual basis, the doctor may recommend the patient to use additional methods, including the use of folk remedies (herbal medicines). In addition, men (office workers, security guards, drivers) whose lifestyle is "extremely slow" or who are associated with prolonged stay in an uncomfortable position that causes blood stasis in the pelvis and prostate are recommended to take a gymnastics course. eliminate hypodynamics. This is an effective way to speed up the recovery of chronic prostatitis and prevent impotence.
Individually, the doctor may recommend the use of folk remedies - herbal medicines.
Treatment of chronic prostatitis is not complete without medication. Appointments should always be made by a physician, the duration of admission is completely individual and should not be stopped before the end of the course of therapy. Let's look at the drugs used.
To restore blood circulation
Medicines that restore blood circulation are prescribed to restore good blood circulation in the prostate gland. Ignoring these funds will not allow to eliminate the inflammatory process completely and as soon as possible.
Decreased immunity in the chronic form of the disease is common, so one of the main tasks when choosing a course of therapy is to increase the body's resistance to any disease. Drugs are prescribed according to the immunogram: interferons, thymus preparations, synthetic immunomodulators.
These include drugs from several groups:
- 3rd generation cephalosporins.
We must not forget that antibiotic treatment for chronic prostatitis is long, the duration of application is 4-8 weeks.
It is prescribed to normalize the function of smooth muscles in the urinary tract. The course of treatment is 4-8 weeks.
Any hormonal medication is prescribed only by a doctor with a serious need, the funds help to reduce the intensity of the inflammatory process in the gland.
Provides relaxation of skeletal muscles, relieves pain and discomfort.
These are used only as an adjunct treatment, but in no case instead. Phytopreparations help eliminate glandular edema, reduce pain syndrome and put less stress on the human body.
In addition to long-term drug treatment, some methods are prescribed to alleviate the patient's condition and prevent the recurrence of the disease.
Physiotherapy methods include direct massage, medicated microclysters, sedentary baths, low-intensity laser radiation, electrical stimulation, magnetotherapy, acupuncture.
In particular, massage, which is so unpopular with men because of its modest modesty, is indicated in almost all cases for the treatment of chronic prostatitis. Massage helps to clear the ducts of the prostate, eliminate blockage and inflammation, and normalize the function of the gonads. Massage is performed at home or in a medical institution 2-3 times a week.
Indications for the use of surgical methods are acute conditions that endanger a person's life.
Indications for surgical methods
Despite the complete ineffectiveness of conservative treatment, surgery is not performed in all cases. Indications for the use of surgical methods are acute conditions that pose a direct threat to a man's life:
- Urethral obstruction.An emergency operation is indicated with a strong narrowing of the urethra and cessation of urine flow. Often, phimosis is added to the obstruction, followed by circumcision.
- Drainage for prostate abscess formation.A large accumulation of pus in the gland poses a direct threat to the patient's life (sepsis), so the surgeon's task is to remove and empty it as soon as possible.
- Regeneration of seminal vesicles.Needed in case of severe damage as a result of inflammation. The operation is performed to improve the function of the prostate gland to eliminate secretions.
- Complete or partial removal.Needed for severe tissue stiffness.
Too often, men with chronic prostatitis make the same mistake: they use a treatment or medication, despite the appointment of complex therapy. There is a lot of controversy, but as a result, the disease is not cured and manifests itself once again with renewed vigor. Therefore, it is important to remember that none of the treatment methods prescribed by a doctor should be neglected, then the pathology will recede and the man will be able to live a full life.