Inflammation of the urethra is a process that can occur on the walls of the urethra. The disease is diagnosed quite frequently, and can identify a person, regardless of age and gender. Its causes are very diverse: from non-compliance with personal hygiene, damage to the urethra the different pathogens. How to treat urethritis in men?
Features of the disease in men
Men and women the disease has different manifestations, which is associated with the peculiarities of their urogenital system. And if the female urethra is almost without symptoms, inflammation of the urethra in men is accompanied by a variety of unpleasant sensations.
The reason for the activation of the inflammatory process, according to the doctors are mainly sexual infections. The first manifestation of the disease is weakness of the body. Her man can feel after just a few hours after ingestion of pathogenic micro-organisms. Exist and noninfectious causes of disease (trauma, allergic reaction, malnutrition, or personal hygiene, etc.), but they occur quite rarely.
It is important to start treatment of inflammation in the early stages of its development, such as the urethra may lead to the development of diseases of the urogenital system and reproductive disorders.
The main reasons that cause development of urethritis in men doctor are:
- Diseases that can be transmitted during sexual intercourse without a condom (herpes, HPV, gonorrhea, Trichomonas, Ureaplasma, chlamydia, etc.). In principle, inflammation of the urethra is only a symptom, such as infections.
- Violation of metabolic processes (especially in the pelvic area).
- Effects the body a variety of toxic substances.
- Stagnant processes in the pelvic area. The appearance of stagnation of venous blood is preceded by constipation, hemorrhoids, in the practice of interrupted intercourse.
- Allergy, which can cause food, personal hygiene or taking certain medications.
- A large number of sour and salty food with lots of spices in the diet, which can irritate the mucous membranes.
To provoke inflammation can the following factors:
- Physical or mental and emotional fatigue.
- Damage to the walls of the urethra as a result of mechanical effects (medical manipulations, etc.).
The classification of the urethra
According priority to the development of inflammation, the disease is:
- The primary infection develops directly into the urethra.
- A secondary focus of infection enters other organs. Together with bloodstream pathogens can penetrate the urethra.
The urethra and bladder
These two diseases are often accompanied by each other, so patients often confuse them when one thing to another. But, it turns out, they have significant differences.
First of all, it is a place where there is inflammation. If the inflamed urethra, the mucous membrane of the urethra, and in time cystitis, which are prone to the bladder wall.
The differences between urethritis and cystitis, and has symptoms of the disease. Cystitis, the urine has an unpleasant odor and turbidity. Instead, the men, who are of the urethra, there is a General weakness of the body.
The first signs of urethritis in men can occur at different times: a few hours later (allergic illness), the period 3-21 days (if caused by pathogens, depending on pathogen) in a few months (virus in the urethra) or even several years (tuberculosis hospital).
Characteristic symptoms of the disease are:
- Painful urination.
- Discharge from the urethra (the nature of which is associated with different pathogen).
- Burning sensation and itching in the penis.
When the pathology becomes chronic, the symptoms may disappear completely, with the exception of mild discomfort in the groin area.
If you don't see any signs of inflammation of the urethra, the man, it is important to take the full course of treatment. If you leave the hospital unattended, the disease can lead to serious consequences. This reflects the fact that the inflammatory process may spread to the testes, scrotum and prostate.
One of the complications — prostatitis
The main complications of urethritis in men include prostatitis, orchitis, epididymitis. Long-term lack of treatment often leads to dysfunction of the reproductive system.
Noticing any symptoms of urethritis, men need to visit a doctor who will prescribe the necessary examination, and is able to make an accurate diagnosis. It is on the basis of diagnostic data is prescribed for the treatment of the urethra.
During the study, the urologist will palpate the urethra that seals and soreness, check lymph nodes lymph nodes. In addition, it examines the allocation and determine if there is swelling.
Accurate diagnosis, man has to pass some exams and tests:
- A swab is taken from the walls of the urethra.
- Analysis of urine and blood.
- Bacterial culture to identify antibiotic sensitivity.
- The study of the urethra.
- (PCR analysis can be used to identify the specific pathogen, which is particularly important for treatment).
- Screening for syphilis and HIV.
Before to appoint certain medicines for the treatment of urethritis in men, the doctor will pay attention to the patient that full time treatment is necessary to completely remove the sex. This includes not only classic sex, but also oral sex and even Masturbation. In that case, if the development of the disease caused by an infection that can be transmitted sexually, for compulsory treatment must be the partner of the man.
It is also important to follow a special diet. During this time we must completely remove their diet spices, pickles, oily, salty and spicy food. It is forbidden to drink alcohol. You can speed up the process of recovery during treatment, you need to keep drinking regime. It should daily drink at least 2 liters of pure water without gas.
The treatment of the urethra is always based on antibiotics to cure the disease impossible. The name of the drug and its dosage should be determined by the physician based on test results. For each of the potential agents is their sensitivity to antibacterial preparations, so the common antibiotics bladder infection treatment is not suitable.
To reduce pain, men prescribed antiseptic preparations. It can be a drug in the form of tablets and local funds.
Candles and lotions
Speed up healing with the help of local medicines, which is used in conjunction with antibacterial treatment. Rectal candles in their effectiveness compared to injections.
Restores the protective forces of the body, the doctor prescribes the patient immunomodulators. They are always accompanied by the main course of treatment, as it decreased immunity is considered to be one of the most important reasons of the disease development. They must be taken in addition to antimicrobials to support the immune system.
During treatment, the urethra, the man is important to eliminate the deficit of vitamins and minerals. Therefore, the doctor may prescribe medication (in many vitamin preparations, which have a high content of vitamins a, C, D and e to Replenish the supply of vitamins in the body helps a balanced diet and enrichment the diet of fresh fruits and vegetables.
It is important to understand that to completely cure the disease folk remedies impossible. However, their use in conjunction with medication to help prevent relapse and accelerate recovery. This can be used decoctions and infusions of herbs that you can prepare at home:
- The infusion made from the leaves of black currant. This tool has an antiseptic effect and helps enrich the body with vitamins. Cook 3 tablespoons of dried leaves pour 250 ml of boiling water and let cool. After this infusion is filtered and taken 15 minutes before meals three times a day.
- A Decoction of oak bark. This tool will remove the pain and burning sensation, which appeared at the time of urination. For boiling 1 tbsp of raw materials, pour 250 ml of boiling water and keep in a water bath for about 20 minutes. After cooling, the broth is filtered and approved for 1 tablespoon before each meal. Use the broth also sitz baths.
- Infusion of cornflower. Prepare 1 teaspoon of dried flowers pour 250 ml boiling water and infused for at least 1 hour. After that, the medium is filtered and taken three times a day before meals for 2 tablespoons. The drug helps to relieve inflammation and normalize the microflora.
The urethra in children
Inflammation of the urethra can only affect adults. The urethra in children is not rare. Cause the appearance of both infectious and non-infectious factors. Infectious have to hit the urethra of bacteria, viruses, gonococci, Trichomonas, Mycoplasma, Ureaplasma. Among the non-infectious factors dominate the trauma (passing through the urethra stones or medical procedures), allergic reactions and congestive processes of the pelvic region. In addition, its appearance can cause a narrowing of the urethra.
Symptoms in children is always associated with sex. Boys are more characteristic burning sensation during urination, itching in penis, discharge (white or mucus) and the presence of urine in the blood. Girls, the disease is manifested by frequent urination and abdominal pain.
Diagnosis using urine and secretions from the urethra. If the doctor suspects, chronic form of the disease, the child is considered urethroscopy.
Treatment is carried out depending on the form of the disease. In the case of acute phase of the urethra use of antibiotics, which are suitable for certain age groups. If diagnosing chronic forms, in addition to antibiotics, patients are given drugs, to maintain the resistance and the introduction of drugs into the urethra.
After treatment, the child should be reviewed. Along with medication, the child needs a special diet (with the exception of smoked, spicy and salty) and drinking system.
In the absence of treatment of the early stages of the disease, the urethra, the child may go into a chronic form, when cured, it becomes much more difficult.
Any disease, such as the urethra, it is easier to avoid than to deal with its consequences. This man, it is important to follow certain preventive rules:
- To strictly follow the rules of personal hygiene.
- Wear underwear made of natural material.
- Avoid other people's things for personal use (towels, linen etc.). Thus, it is possible to get infected by various infections and fungi.
- To give up freedom. Is a permanent partner. In case of contact with a casual partner, it is important to use mechanical contraception (condoms).
- Regularly (at least 2 times a year) a man has to undergo preventive examination by a urologist. This should be done, even if its nothing to worry about, because many infections are capable of does not manifest itself, however, because the male body irreparable damage.
- Timely treatment of genital infections and diseases caused by fungi. This is due to the fact that they are can give complication in the urethra, causing the development of the urethra.
- To avoid hypothermia, especially in the genital area.
- To protect the genitals from possible injury.
- Avoid excessive physical and mental fatigue.
- Give yourself the proper nutrition with enough vitamins and minerals to foods.
- Observe the drinking regime and drink during the day at least 2 liters of pure water without gas.
- Get rid of bad habits or reduce them to a minimum.
- To avoid the delay of urination and the first to completely empty the bladder.
- To harden the body, and the use of vitamins, immune support.
Every year a large number of men faced with such a diagnosis, the urethra. Cause inflammation of the urethra may be several reasons. The most common are infections that can be transmitted sexually. In addition, the release of allergic and traumatic to the urethra was not associated to receive the urethra pathogens.
No matter what was the cause of the inflammatory process, the disease requires mandatory treatment, which can be determined only by a doctor after carrying out a comprehensive diagnosis and identify the causative agent. All doctor's advice should be strictly followed by the patient. This is due to the fact that the urethra difficult to treat and if the treatment course in the end, relapse, transmission of the urethra, chronic or develop complications.