Urethritis is an inflammatory process of the mucous membrane of the urethra (urinary channel), which cause a number of bacterial, viral and fungal agents. It is considered the most frequent diseases of the genitourinary system in men who are sexually active without use of barrier contraceptives and have more than one partner. Most often it is against the other inflammatory diseases of the genital organs.
Due to the peculiarities of the anatomical structure of the males urethra is more severe than in women.
The urethra pathogenic microflora gets in the way:
Causes of urethra
The doctors share a certain list of factors that provoke the development of the urethra.
- chronic stress;
- local trauma;
- lack of personal hygiene;
- poor nutrition;
- serious systemic disease;
- chronic disease;
- related diseases of the genitourinary system.
Directly in the urethra can cause 2 sets of reasons:
- stagnation of blood in the venous network of the pelvis;
- kidney stones;
- damage to the urethra;
- benign prostatic hyperplasia;
- Escherichia coli;
Because of the pathological mechanism of the urethra is:
- primary, when the inflammation is formed directly into the urethra;
- in the secondary, where the pathogen urethra becomes pathological focus elsewhere in the body.
Regarding the localization of the inflammation of the wall of the urethra to distinguish urethritis:
Symptoms of urethritis in men
With the development of the disease the man makes the following claims:
- share the purulent character of the urine pipe, which can be color-from yellow to green, and stand out in a large amount at the beginning of the inflammatory process;
- swelling of the urethra;
- at the end of urination possible by spotting a small amount;
- pain when urinating;
- the pain of a sharp character in the urethra.
This clinic develops regardless of what urethritis: non-specific or specific. The only difference is that the non-specific urethritis is confirmed, while samples of the other infections do not give a positive analysis.
Causes and symptoms of chronic urethritis
Chronic urethritis is observed quite rarely and it occurs on the background of such situations:
- weak immune system of the patient;
- the incidence of pathological agents in other organs;
- wrong or inadequate treatment of the urethra Made in the form of.
Note: when the disease becomes chronic, the swelling of the urethra occurs, and the stresses calculated. Often people think that the disease is over, but the disease itself has moved to the latent stage. If not do therapy, bacteria that have settled in the prostate gland and the seminal vesicles, eventually cause prostatitis, epididymitis and other diseases.
The diagnosis of urethritis in men
Confirmation of the diagnosis based on the patient, which includes the following:
- Consultation of the urologist. The doctor heard the complaints of the men makes an objective inspection of the genitals. Also take into account the presence of chronic diseases, urethritis in history.
- Laboratory diagnosis: sowing smear the bacteria from the urethra (it allows you to identify and determine the type of pathogenic micro-organisms and to establish their sensitivity to antibiotics), PCR (allows you to quickly and accurately identify the causative agent urological smear); urine (his will help determine the level of damage to the urinary tract); microscopy (its mission and targeting learning material at the cellular level).
- Instrumental methods: urethroscopy (it is performed after decrease in acute period of a sight inspection of the walls of the urethra under optical magnification); diagnostic ultrasound (provides the opportunity to visualize the bladder, prostate, kidney, and to evaluate their changes); x-ray of the urethra (performed after initial introduction into it of radiopaque substances, when the acute phase is not performed).
Treatment of urethritis in men
Treatment of this disease in most cases can be done at home, when a patient visits the medical institution to make any therapeutic treatments. Hospitalization of the patient is necessary only in severe cases.
Important: before you can treat the urethra, the need to properly identify the causative agent, because this depends directly on the effectiveness of therapy eliminates the risk of transition to chronic.
Treatment of urethritis include the following components:
- the rejection of sexuality at the time of treatment;
- compliance with drinking regime;
- abstinence from alcohol;
- antibiotic therapy;
- the refusal of sharp and spicy dishes;
- means of immunotherapy (if necessary);
- local treatment (is performed after decrease in acute symptoms administration of medicines in liquid form in the urethra).
Drugs and medications for the urethra
The choice of antibiotics can be used only by a physician, when bacteriological examination. This is justified by the fact that the wrong choice of drugs can cause complications and failure of treatment. Antibiotics can be used in any form (tablets, injection, suppositories).
To minimize the risk of disease men should follow these rules:
- to avoid injury to the penis;
- drink plenty of fluids;
- avoid frequent change of sexual partners;
- urgent treatment of any illness;
- to avoid hypothermia.